The Scholarship Application deadline has been extended through SUNDAY, MARCH 6th at Midnight in Buenos Aires. Apply today and join us in Argentina in July!
Applying for a scholarship is easy. You just need to send us an email with images from your portfolio attached. Please follow the instructions below to make sure you will be considered. You may submit no more than 20 images for consideration. You may submit a story, single images or a mix of both. This is up to you, we want to see what you think is your best work.
1. Please name your images with your last name followed by the number, starting with 001.(For example, If your name is John Smith, you would name your images: Smith_001, Smith_002, etc.)
2. Please include caption information under file info in photoshop. If you are submitting a photo story as part of your submission, you should indicate this in the caption fields.
3. Resize images to 12 in on the longest side at 100 dpi. Save it at compression/quality 8.(In photoshop, go to image>image size, change the longest side to 12inches, change dpi to 100. When saving, you will be prompted to enter a number for the quality. Enter 8.)
4. Place the images in a folder and name it your last name.
5. After you have named, resized and captioned your photos, place them in a folder and then create a zip file or archive of this folder.(On a MAC, press control-click and select Compress folder or Create Archive. On a PC, right-click and create archive or create zip)
6. Compose an email to email@example.com and attach your zip file.
7. In the subject line, write SCHOLARSHIP
8. In the body of the email, please type the following information:
1. Your full Name
2. Your age
3. Your country of Citizenship
4. A brief explanation of your photography experience. If you are a professional, please tell us how many years you have been working as a professional photographer.
If you have any questions about the application process, please review the above material carefully. If you still have questions, please contact Kirsten at info [at] foundryphotoworkshop [dot] org. If you have already paid tuition but would like to apply for a scholarship, you may do so. If you are selected, your tuition will be refunded at the workshop. These scholarships are only for tuition, you are still responsible for transportation, lodging, meals and all other daily expenses, including booze, steaks and tango lessons. Hope you can join us!